Monday, January 14, 2013

Winter Blues

In Wisconsin in the middle of January there isn't much of thrift sale"ing" or flea marketing. The only thing that we have been thriving on in these winter months are the over picked Goodwills and Craigslist. So when my mom and I were finishing up Christmas shopping right before our Christmas party at my grandmas in the town she lives in, we found this little thrift store tucked on the corner. We were pumped!!! (That is an understatement, I think the lady who owned the place was a little scared of us, we were just a little excited finding all the cool finds...lol.) We got there about 10 min before she closed, we told her that we wouldn't be long and we only took 10 min, I think that was the best 10 min she ever had in sales...lol. We found the cute little table below with a lamp attached, a mirror, (waiting for a makeover), some awesome vintage skis, and I scored some vintage Christmas ornaments!
 
 
 
So this is the lamp table (I know, I know, no before pictures. We have slowly started remembering to take before pictures, we get too excited and start on our projects right away, then go oh crap, we forgot to take a before picture).
 
 
 
My mom redid the lamp shade, we both went to the fabric store and decided which fabrics to use, we wanted to go for that "shabby chic" look so we went with floral and pink ticking. I just love the knob that keeps the lamp shade on, it is some kind of bird, I think it adds that uniqueness to the piece. We spray painted the pole white, it was a brass color before.

 
Then we painted the table a pale pink and distressed it.

 
These are the skis, aren't they cool?


No comments:

Post a Comment