Sunday, January 6, 2013

Blessed in 2012

Well it has been awhile since I have posted something, lets just say that December was CRAZY!!! My mom and I have been very blessed in 2012 with our passion for creating ugly furniture into lovely furniture.
 
First of all one of my mom's co-worker's wife asked if we wanted to sell our furniture and other neat finds at her monthly shop call the Market, which I have mentioned it several times by now.
 
Second,  technology is amazing!!! I have watched this show in the DIY network called Rehab Addict and of course you can "like" just about everything on facebook, so of course I "liked" the show with a little help of a friend showing me the page. Nicole Curtis, who hosts the show, posted on facebook to send her anything creative, like art, crafts, etc... so she can showcase the stuff in the latest house she restored. So I sent a few pictures of our furniture thinking never in a million years they will like our stuff, but I had to try right? Well no kidding I got an email back from one of the assistants!!! So next thing I know, my mom, my husband, and I are driving about 2 hours in the first snow storm of the year up to St. Paul to deliver this furniture. (We got around 14 inches of snow that snow storm.) Yes we are crazy, but I wasn't going to let anything come in my way of delivering that furniture. So it will be staged in the Case house she redid in her third season! I will have more details later. So with Christmas and this all happening, we had a busy December!

These are the pieces we took...
 

 
Now that things have settled down a little we are working on some new pieces for the big event at Banbury Place (where the Market is located) called the Art Crawl.  So this is the latest one we have finished.
 



 
We painted the couch table red with some black paint to show through when we distressed it. We put a pull knob on it to give it a little more character.

No comments:

Post a Comment