Saturday, January 26, 2013

Floral Quilt

 My husband and I went on a trip down to Florida. On our drive down to Fl, we stopped at an antique shop in Alabama. I wanted to find something unique for my mom. I couldn't find anything really cool, but I did find a quilting book. I thought it was cool, it was a Better Homes and Garden quilting book from the 70s. I LOVED the quilt on the cover of the book. I said to Chris (my husband) I have to get this book so my mom can make me this quilt. (This is another one of her many talents.) It was only $2 so I was totally getting it. When we got home I gave the book to my mom and said I want this quilt. She told me there is no way she could me it. I was like really? The pattern is in there. She said it was way too hard. I was so bummed. So I never thought in a million years I would be getting this quilt, because I don't know how to quilt, I wasn't going to make it. But my mom (without me knowing) was busy learning how to make this quilt. She said there were a few times where she almost throw it away and was so frustrated with it, but with some encouragement from my grandma, she finished the quilt. She surprised me with it on Easter. I was so shocked, I couldn't believe it!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my quilt. It is so beautiful!
 
 
This is the book I got her...

 
This is the quilt, it looks just like the one in the book.
She did a great job of matching the fabric,
it looks almost identical. I LOVE IT!

 



1 comment:

  1. I <3 how you got a souvenir for her and told her to make you a present with it. :p

    ReplyDelete