Thursday, September 18, 2014

1st room makeover!!!

I have had my daughters room done for awhile now, I just cleaned it for her birthday party coming up and thought I should take pictures. This room was pretty easy for the most part, it had a wallpaper boarder. It also had horrible curtains that matched the wallpaper and ugly carpet that I think was from the 60's. It had awesome hardwood floors underneath the carpet. They didn't have the carpet stapled down so we didn't have to do anything to the floors! 

Here are the before pictures of the room... I didn't take very good before pictures oh well you get the picture...ugly...lol. I like floral, but this floral had to go...






Here is are the after photos. I still have a few things I want to do, paint all the trim white, door something fun with the closet doors and get a new light fixture, (not pictured, but it is an ugly ceiling fan). The lighting is horrible so the picture quality isn't that great, but you get the idea :)

I would have to say about 99% of all my ideas from this room came from pinterest or magazines. Not much of my own creativity. Ever since I saw the fabric hoops on pinterest, I had to do it! I love how easy it is and makes a big impact. The dresser I got Free on Craiglist (I know, I asked the lady several times if she wanted $ for it) Major score!  The rug is from Wal-mart for only $30!
This is her baptismal dress that her Great Grandma made her! I just bought a piece of molding at a Dell's for all of you that are local and put a knob on it! I found the cute rabbit hanger in Hitxon, WI at an antique shop. 

 I got her curtains at Target, and the only reason they are white and pink is because the pink were on clearance and I already had the white ones and not enough of one color, so this is what happens...lol. The night stand free with the dresser above. My mom my found the blue piece in the corner. 


The two pictures above are my two favorite things in her room! I love floral and vintage :) Trash can got at an antique store and hamper got at an estate sale. 



Wardrobe I splurged on, I got it off of Craigslist. The mirror I shopped at my own store, got the idea of the fabric that hangs from the mirror from Nicole Curtis in one of her pictures in a house she redid.


The bed is from Craigslist. The bedding is from Target, thrift sales, and my mom :) The rose picture I got from an antique shop, that was also a splurge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment